- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Corporate Funded Proposals
Corporate-funded proposals are usually reviewed, and the agreement negotiated and accepted by, the Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts (CCT). In this context, corporate-funded means that the sponsor is a for-profit corporation.
- If the Sponsor is a corporation, the proposal will automatically route to CCT for approvals.
- If there is both a Sponsor and a Prime Sponsor for the proposal and either of those is a corporation, the proposal approval may "move" from Sponsored Program Administration (SPA) to CCT or vice versa. Please contact your SPA Team and/or CCT with any questions.
Agreements negotiated by CCT must be submitted through BOTH Kuali Research (KR) and UMBiz. Access UMBiz via the myUMB Portal.
Tips for Corporate-funded Propsals in Kuali Research:
- On the Proposal Details screen, select the Activity Type that fits the proposed scope of work.
- If the Sponsor is a corporation, the Corporate Questionnaire will be completed as part of the KR proposal. The corporate questionnaire, among other things, asks for a UMB contact name (which must be in the KR Employee look-up) and a sponsor contact name (which must be in the KR Address Book look-up). Some corporate sponsors are added in KR without contact names. If a needed Sponsor Contact is not listed, please complete the Address Request form and request to add a new non-UMB person.
- Standard F&A rates for commercially-sponsored research and clinical trials will be applied when the Sponsor is a corporation. In the budget module, budget settings, select TDC (Total Direct Costs) for the F&A Cost Basis, unless the funding opportunity instructions state otherwise.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.