- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Supplies and Other Expenses
The Supplies category includes all nonpermanent, disposable supplies such as chemicals, drugs, assays, lab glassware, syringes, lab notebooks, computer supplies, and software. Small equipment purchases costing less than $5,000 per item also fall into this category. Provide a list of the types of supplies needed on the project and explain how the costs were estimated.
The Other Expenses category is for all other project costs not captured in prior categories, and typically includes such items as:
- Animal purchase and care costs.
- Publication costs.
- Equipment maintenance expenses.
- Fees-for-service, such as commercial lab tests.
- Communication and printing costs.
- Project-owned vehicle expenses.
- Costs of conducting a seminar series or symposium, such as facility use fees.
- Fees for use of UMB Core Facilities.
- Rent for use of off-campus space.
In the budget justification, itemize the Other Expenses, explain why they are needed to conduct the project, and explain how the costs were calculated.