- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
U.S. Export Regulations
U.S. Export Regulations and Governing Agencies
Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security
Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
EAR controls items that have both a commercial and potential military use. Examples are computers, lasers, and pathogens. The Department of Commerce also administers lists of individuals or organizations denied or debarred from export transactions or that may require a license for export.
Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
ITAR controls military items and defense services. Examples are firearms, military equipment, toxicological agents, and biological agents and associated equipment and materials.
Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control
OFAC sanction programs
OFAC enforces economic and trade sanctions that have been imposed upon specific countries based on reasons of foreign policy, national security, or international agreements. OFAC also enforces sanctions against individuals and organizations considered to be threats to national security, foreign policy, or the economy of the United States.
National Security Decision Directive 189 regarding Fundamental Research
DOD Memorandum of June 26, 2008, regarding Fundamental Research
Link to Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) for access to:
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission 10 CFR §110
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR) 15 CFR §§734-774
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR §§120-130
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms 27 CFR §444-555
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) 31 CFR §§500-599
- Office of Patents and Trademarks (PTO) 37 CFR §5
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.