- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Sponsored Programs Administration
Throughout the life of your proposal and award, the Sponsored Programs Administration provides oversight and administrative support to investigators and departmental administrators.
UMB investigators were awarded $556.1 million in research, service, and training awards in Fiscal Year 2017. SPA will work with you to submit competitive proposals, negotiate agreements, and navigate the world of sponsored programs administration.
FORMS-E coming soon
- The new FORMS-E are not yet available in Kuali Coeus. Be sure to select FORMS-D if you are given a choice. We anticipate that FORMS-E will become available in December.
- NOT-OD-17-119: New NIH "FORMS-E" Grant Application Instructions Available for Due Dates On or After January 25, 2018
- NOT-OD-17-114: Updates to Active Funding Opportunity Announcements to Prepare for Policy Changes Impacting Due Dates On or After Jan. 25, 2018.
- Reminder: For any Grants.gov funding opportunity, if you get an error message on linking to the selected opportunity, system-to-system submission may not be available. Contact your SPA team to confirm. The error message is: "Kuali Coeus is unable to transmit this proposal to Grants.gov since some of the required forms are not available. If this is a required Grants.gov submission, you must use the Adobe forms provided by Grants.gov."
NIH NOT-OD-17-105: Reminder: NIH Applications Must Be Complete and Compliant With NIH Policy and Application Instructions At Time Of Submission
NIH Prior Approvals: Use the eRA Commons Prior Approval Module to submit requests for withdrawal of an application, approval of $500,000 or more direct costs, change of PD/PI, no cost extension, and carryover. Prior Approval Module tutorials
FDP Clearinghouse Pilot:UMB is taking part in a national pilot program as part of the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP). This may affect proposals in which UMB is a subrecipient or proposals that include a subrecipient in the budget.
Important to Know:
NIH and human subjects research
- NIH NOT-OD-17-118, NIH Announces New Review Criteria for Research Project Applications Involving Clinical Trials
- Does your human subjects research study meet the NIH definition of a clinical trial?
- Four questions researchers involved in human studies need to ask, and answer
- Clinical trial requirements for grants and contracts
- What do revised U.S. rules mean for human research? (Science, Aug. 18, 2017)
- A Fresh Look at the Rules for Returning Research Results
- NIH NOT-OD-17-109 (effective Oct. 1, 2017), Notice of Changes to NIH Policy for Issuing Certificates of Confidentiality
NIH: Getting to Know Federal Funders and their Research Interests (NIH RePORTER)
NIH Guidance on citing interim research products in applications, proposals, and reports
SPA Resources: Links to information of interest to investigators and administrators
Federal and Sponsor Notices and Information: More policy updates and links to listservs, blogs, and more