- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Sponsored Programs Administration
Throughout the life of your proposal and award, Sponsored Programs Administration provides oversight and administrative support to investigators and departmental administrators.
UMB investigators were awarded $556.1 million in research, service, and training awards in FY17. SPA will work with you to submit competitive proposals, negotiate agreements, and navigate the world of sponsored programs administration.
Next SPA/SPAC Update meeting: Thursday, September 21, 2:30 to 4:00 p.m., PH Lecture Hall N103
Forms E - coming soon:
- NOT-OD-17-062 - New NIH "FORMS-E" Grant Application Forms and Instructions Coming for Due Dates On or After January 25, 2018
- NOT-OD-17-114 - Updates to Active Funding Opportunity Announcements to Prepare for Policy Changes Impacting Due Dates On or After January 25, 2018
- Reminder: For any Grants.gov funding opportunity, if you get an error message on linking to the selected opportunity, system-to-system submission may not be available. Contact your SPA Team to confirm. The error message is: "Kuali Coeus is unable to transmit this proposal to Grants.gov since some of the required forms are not available. If this is a required Grants.gov submission, you must use the Adobe forms provided by Grants.gov."
NIH NOT-OD-17-105: Reminder: NIH Applications Must Be Complete and Compliant With NIH Policy and Application Instructions At Time Of Submission
NIH Prior Approvals: Use the eRA Commons Prior Approval Module to submit requests for withdrawal of an application, approval of $500K or more direct costs, change of PD/PI, no cost extension, and carryover. Prior Approval Module tutorials
FDP Clearinghouse Pilot: UMB is taking part in a national pilot program as part of the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP). This may affect proposals where UMB is a subrecipient or proposals that include a subrecipient in the budget.
Important to Know:
NIH and human subjects research
- Does your human subjects research study meet the NIH Definition of a clinical trial?
- Four questions researchers involved in human studies need to ask, and answer
- Clinical trial requirements for grants and contracts
- What do revised U.S. rules mean for human research? (Science, 8/18/2017)
- A Fresh Look at the Rules for Returning Research Results
- NIH NOT-OD-17-109 (effective 10/1/2017), Notice of Changes to NIH Policy for Issuing Certificates of Confidentiality
NIH: Getting to Know Federal Funders and their Research Interests (NIH RePORTER)
NIH Guidance on citing interim research products in applications, proposals and reports
SPA Resources - links to information of interest to investigators and administrators
Federal and Sponsor Notices and Information - More policy updates, and links to listservs, blogs and more