- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
KR High Level Budgets
A “high-level” budget has annual direct and indirect (F&A) costs for a proposal with little to no budget detail. In certain situations, you have the option to enter a high-level proposal budget in Kuali Research.
In all cases, be sure to follow any applicable instructions of your department and/or Dean's Office with regard to use of high-level budgets.
You have the option to enter a high-level budget in Kuali Research:
- If you are entering budget detail in a sponsor submission system such as Workspace, ASSIST, Fastlane
- If you are creating an NIH modular budget
- If you are creating a clinical trial budget on a separate spreadsheet
- For some other non-Federal sponsor submissions, with SPA approval
There are two methods for entering a high-level budget in KR for non-S2S proposals: the KR Summary Budget method and the Non-personnel Budget Entry method.
- You must use the Non-personnel Budget Entry method for NIH Modular budgets (see separate instructions)
- You must use the Non-personnel Budget Entry method if the F&A rate cost basis is MTDC (Modified Total Direct Costs) and there are ANY excluded costs (equipment, subaward, etc.).
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.