- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
User Access and Requests
Roles in Kuali Research are needed by all users, from viewers to proposal creators. Kuali Research has long lists of non-UMB persons, sponsors, and subrecipients, but your sponsor or collaborator might be new to the system.
Gaining access to Kuali Research
User Roles Request — add roles for a new user in Kuali Research
Change a User's role(s) or unit(s) — request changes to existing Kuali Research User roles.
New Users. A person must be in the Employee Look-up in Kuali Research in order to be granted User Roles. The person must have a UMB Employee ID or must be an Affiliate entered in the UMB Community System whose Community System record indicates a request for Kuali Research access.
- Upon receipt of a User Roles request, roles will be added for a UMB employee or Affiliate to allow the user to create, edit, or view proposal and/or award records for authorized units.
- Use your UMID and password to log in to Kuali Research. You may access Kuali Research via the myUMB Portal. After logging on to myUMB, you will find a link for Kuali Research on the left-hand side.
- Affiliates (UMB Community System): To add a non-UMB person (such as new incoming faculty or a UMMC resident) in the Personnel section of the budget and/or as a Principal Investigator, the person must be an Affiliate in the Community System, and the Community System record must include a request for Coeus access. The screen to request Coeus Access is under the tab located at the top of the Community screen labeled “App ID Request.” After the Affiliate request has been fully approved through the system with the request for Coeus Access, Kuali Research is updated the next day. The person should then be available in the Employee look-up in Kuali Research, and User Roles may be requested and added as appropriate.
To inactivate a User who is no longer at UMB or who no longer requires Kuali Research access, please submit your request via email.
Add non-UMB persons, sponsors, subrecipients
Use the Address Request if the person or entity that you need for a proposal or subaward does not appear in your search results.
- Add non-UMB persons, such as collaborators, sponsor contacts, subrecipient contacts, and consultants
- Request that a new sponsor be added in Kuali Research
- Request that a new subrecipient be added in Kuali Research
- Tips on searches in Kuali Research
Other Kuali Research Requests (send an email)
Update existing Address Book, Sponsor or Subrecipient information in Kuali Research — Send an email with information to identify the record (Address Book ID, Sponsor ID, entity name, person's name) and describe the updates needed.
Proposal Approver Updates — To request an update to a unit’s approval group, send an email describing the changes.
Email Distribution List Updates — To request updates to the email distribution lists used by SPA and SPAC for proposal and award notifications:
- SOM users send an email to SOM Information Services
- SOD, SON, SOP, SSW: Contact your Dean's Office
- School of Law, Graduate School, departments of other schools if directed by your Dean's Office, Central Administration: Send an email to SPA.