- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
User Access and Requests
Use the quick links to add a new user in Kuali Coeus, update user roles and access, or add a non-UMB person, sponsor or subrecipient in Kuali Coeus. Detail about these requests and information about other Kuali Coeus-related requests is below.
Gaining access to Kuali Coeus
A Kuali Coeus User must have a UMB Employee ID or must be an Affiliate entered in the UMB Community System whose Community System record indicates a request for Kuali Coeus access.
- Upon receipt of a User Roles request, roles will be added for a UMB employee or Affiliate to allow the user to create, edit, or view proposal and/or award records for authorized units.
- Use your UMID and password to log in to Kuali Coeus. You may also access Kuali Coeus via the myUM Portal. After logging on to myUMB, you will find a link for Kuali Coeus on the left hand side.
- To add a non-UMB person (such as new incoming faculty or a UMMC resident) in the Personnel section of the budget and/or as a Principal Investigator, the person must be an Affiliate in the Community System, and the Community System record must include a request for Coeus access. The screen to request Coeus Access is under the tab located at the top of the Community screen labeled “App ID Request”. After the Affiliate request has been fully approved through the system with the request for Coeus Access, Kuali Coeus is updated the next day. The person should then be available in the Employee look-up in Kuali Coeus, and Kuali Coeus User Roles may be requested and added as appropriate.
User Roles Request - add roles for a new user in Kuali Coeus
Change a User's role(s) or unit(s) - request changes to existing Kuali Coeus User roles. Please use this request to add or remove roles or to update unit access. To inactivate a User who is no longer at UMB or who no longer requires Kuali Coeus access, please submit your request via email.
Add non-UMB persons, sponsors, subrecipients
Use the Address Request if the person or entity that you need for a proposal or subaward does not appear in your search results.
- Add non-UMB persons, such as collaborators, sponsor contacts, subrecipient contacts, consultants.
- Request that a new sponsor be added in Kuali Coeus
- Request that a new subrecipient be added in Kuali Coeus
- Tips on searches in Kuali Coeus
Other Kuali Coeus Requests (send an email)
Update existing Address Book, Sponsor or Subrecipient information in Kuali Coeus - Send an email with information to identify the record (Address Book ID, Sponsor ID, entity name, person's name) and describe the updates needed.
Proposal Approver Updates – To request an update to a unit’s approval map, send an email describing the changes.
Email Distribution List Updates – To request updates to the email distribution lists used by SPA and SPAC for proposal and award notifications, SOM users send an email to SOM Information Services; all others send an email to SPA.