- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
User Resources and Help
Resources to help Kuali Research users at UMB
Information for users, organized by category.
- Attachments: Instructions for the attachments sections and for user-attached forms
- Certify or Approve: Instructions for PI certification and for proposal approval
- NIH Human Subjects Form: Blank form and instructions
- Proposal data entry
- Validation-Errors-Warnings: How to check for proposal errors; tips on error messages
Proposal Development Guide: S2S Proposals — Instructions for system-to-system proposals (submitted via Grants.gov to the federal funding agency directly through Kuali Research)
Proposal Development Guide: Non-S2S Proposals — Instructions for non-S2S proposals (includes: foundations, clinical studies, subaward proposals, state MOUs, IPAs, etc.)
Kuali Research Budget Entry — Instructions for proposal budgets
Advice and Hints
Please contact your SPA team with questions and concerns.
- 9-digit ZIP codes: The NIH validates for 9-digit ZIP codes for U.S. addresses for Key Persons, Performance Sites, and Subrecipients. Look up the ZIP code at usps.com
- Protocol number (Compliance): Do not use spaces or special characters in the Protocol Number. Dashes are OK.
- Logging out: Are you using the IE browser? If you are, you will need to manually remove the cookies from your browser before someone else can log into Kuali Research using your machine. If you are using Firefox or Chrome, you will need to Quit (close) the browser completely, then reopen it before someone else can log in using your machine.
- Attachment names must not contain any spaces or special characters. Example: UniversityOfMaryland2018.pdf
Help with Kuali Research software questions: In addition to the resources in this section, look for the Help link within your Kuali Research proposal. The Help link is on the right of the top menu bar and links to articles that, though not UMB-specific, provide information about the software. If you still need assistance, please contact your department administrator or your SPA team.
Assistance with Proposal Development: If you have a proposal question that is not directly related to Kuali Research such as Sponsor application guidelines or preparing a proposal budget, go to the SPA website or contact your department administrator or your SPA team.
Technical Help: Contact DLKualiResearchHelp@umaryland.edu and identify the Proposal number or document number when reporting a technical issue.
The ASC Help Desk also is available to address technical, password, portal, and system access issues. Phone: 410-706-HELP.