- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
A confidential place to go with your questions and concerns.
Confidential. Neutral. Informal. Independent. The Office of the Ombuds helps University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) faculty and staff express concerns, resolve disputes, manage conflict, seek fair and equitable solutions, and learn more productive ways of communicating.
Visit the Office of the Ombuds
- When you need someone to listen
- When you have an uncomfortable situation at work that is bothering you
- When you need help clarifying or resolving a conflict
- When you feel you have been treated unfairly, harassed, or discriminated against
- When you think someone you work with has engaged in misconduct or done something unethical
- When you are unsure about a UMB policy or you believe it has been applied unfairly
- When you don’t know where else to turn
Important note: The ombudsperson is not authorized to accept notice of claims against the University.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.