- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Starting a New Universitywide Organization
Students interested in forming a new, Universitywide student organization should contact Courtney J. Jones Carney. Campus Life Services is the only entity on campus that can bestow recognition status to a Universitywide organization.
Things to consider before starting a Universitywide student organization:
- What is the mission of the organization?
- Does the proposed organization meet a need that is currently unmet?
- Is there a similar organization already recognized and active on campus?
- Will the student organization remain active even after I leave the institution?
Recognized student organization benefits:
- Ability to request a storage locker in the SMC Campus Center.
- Access and training to add events to the UMB Common Calendar through The Elm.
- Access to digital display, flyer, and poster templates.
Registering your student organization
Annual organization registration is mandatory for all Universitywide student organizations. Registering your existing or new student organization is simple. Visit UMBconnect and follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the ORGANIZATIONS tab.
Existing organizations: Find your student group in the list and “Register this Organization.”
New Groups: Click on the “Register a New Organization” button on the bottom, left-side column on this page.
- Follow the prompts and submit for approval!
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.