- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Award Receipt and Setup
When an award document is received, the award is reviewed and accepted for UMB. Award documents may be as brief as a letter from the sponsor or as complex as a multipage agreement.
Some awards are “accepted” when we start expending the funds. Other awards are “accepted” when the UMB-authorized official signs the document. The appropriate official in the Office of Research and Development will review, negotiate terms when required, and sign as the institutional authorized official to accept the award.
- If an award document is sent by the sponsor to the PI, ensure that your SPA team receives the original.
- Request a Temporary Project chartstring when appropriate.
- Coordinate with SPA or CCT to ensure that the sponsor receives any information necessary to finalize the award, such as IRB approval documentation.
- Provide SPA or CCT with an updated budget when appropriate.
- Promptly review proposed chartstring information when provided.
- In addition to the specific data you are asked to review, ensure that the other details are correct, such as the budget period, project period, dollars awarded, and protocol number.
- Ensure that a companion chartstring for over-salary-cap and/or cost sharing has been set up when required.