- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Click the center of the cover to view the latest issue of UMB Spotlight.
Every student at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) has been the direct beneficiary of the generations of alumni and donors who preceded them. Gifts to UMB play an essential role in sustaining fundamental traditions of excellence in education and moving the University forward to respond to the needs of today and tomorrow.
Adding to the urgency of our drive to achieve our goals are the challenges presented by decreasing state support. UMB is grateful for the public support we receive — without it, we would not be the University we are today. However, as with other prestigious public institutions, we look to the generosity of alumni, corporate and foundation supporters, and friends whose steadfast loyalty and commitment to our cause make UMB an outstanding institution. Now, more than ever, it is critical to raise philanthropic support to continue UMB's tradition of excellence. We are seeking major gifts, both designated and undesignated, to fund endowments, scholarships, and programs.
Building a New Era in UMB History
UMB is poised for even greater achievements. This relies on the endowments' long-term growth. Higher investment returns that boost endowment income will fund existing and new, bold initiatives such as:
- Breaking new ground in scientific discovery.
- Preparing a new generation of talented people to lead in a demanding and complex new century.
- Extending the international reach of UMB's academic and educational programs.
Each gift to UMB is leveraged as it builds on the strength of the University's intellectual, physical, and financial infrastructure. Alumni, parents, and friends who give to UMB can be confident that their contributions will be carefully stewarded and prudently spent.
Many Ways to Help Shape the Future
- Endowment and capital gifts open novel avenues of research, bring pre-eminent faculty to campus, and create new venues in which students and faculty learn from and with one another.
- Annual giving funds go directly into the operating budget to support teaching and learning, meet unforeseen challenges, and provide seed money for important new initiatives.
- Planned gifts, such as trusts and bequests, afford each individual the opportunity to leave a meaningful legacy at UMB.
- Corporate and foundation gifts create important partnerships between UMB and the philanthropic priorities of the corporation or foundation.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.