- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Obtaining funding for a worthy project starts with a well-crafted proposal.
Here, you can find processes and procedures, policies and guidelines, and tips and tools to facilitate and support your proposal development.
The Office of Research and Development provides service to faculty in their pursuit of sponsored funding. The Office of Sponsored Programs Administration reviews proposals for submission to federal, state, and local government agencies and to foundations and other nonprofit funders. The Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts reviews proposals for clinical trials and research agreements funded by corporations (for-profit organizations).
Kuali Research, UMB's enterprise software system for electronic research administration, is used to create the proposal budget, compile the proposal, route for approvals, and — in the case of many federal proposals — submit to the agency.
- Attachments in Kuali Research (checklists, forms, tips)
- Continous Submission - NIH information
- Checklist: FOA Review Worksheet
- Gifts vs Sponsored Projects
- Institutional Information for Proposals
- IPAs and JPAs
- Kuali Research User Resources
- Letters of Intent
- Limited Submission funding opportunities
- MPowering Collaborations
- Multi-PI Proposals
- Multi-Project Proposals
- PI Eligibility (policy and waiver procedure)
- International Collaborations
- Proposal Budgets
- Proposals with Subrecipients
- Research Compliance
- Routing and Signatures
- Routing Unfunded Agreements
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.