One Card FAQs

What is the UM One Card? 

The One Card is the official UM ID card and much more. The card provides access to many University on-campus venues, including parking, library services, copy/print services, vending, on-campus food vendors, URecFit, building/door access, bookstore, and on-campus laundry.

Where do I get the One Card? 

The One Card office is located at 621 West Lombard St., SMC Campus Center, Room 004, Lower Level.  IDs are issued Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 410-706-6943 or send an email to

What do I do if I lose my card or my card is stolen or damaged? 

As soon as you realize your card is missing, we encourage you to go here to log in to your account and deactivate your One Card account. By doing this, you freeze your account until your card is found or replaced. This feature protects you in the unlikely event someone finds your card and tries to use it. If you should have to replace your One Card, your building and parking access will have to be reactivated on your new card by contacting Public Safety and Parking and Transportation Services. Cardholders are responsible for keeping the campus ID/One Card safe and in good working condition. Hole-punching, bending, folding, or otherwise damaging the card, or losing the card by negligence, accident, or theft, will result in a $15 replacement fee, payable via cash, check, or charge card. Please visit our office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., to get your ID card replaced.

Where/how can I deposit money to my One Card?  

Cash and Credit Card deposits can made at the Account Management Center located on:

  • First floor of the SMC Campus Center next to the Seven Scholars Bookstore.
  • First floor of the Health Sciences and Human Services Library (HS/HSL) Copy/Print room.
  • Second floor of the Thurgood Marshall Law Library Copy/Scanner room.
  • Guests can deposit to your account 24/7.

What happens to the money on my One Card from semester to semester? 

Money deposited to your One Card account remains on your account from semester to semester. If you are officially leaving the University, you can request a refund by completing the account closure (pdf) form located on our website. This form must be completed in full and submitted in person to the One Card office. Funds equal to $15 or more remaining on the account, less the $10 processing fee, will be reimbursed in the form of a check and sent to the address you included on your form.

Can I get cash off my One Card? 

No, your card is a pre-paid debit account and not a “banking” debit card.

What do I do if I think I have an incorrect charge on my account? 

Go to your online One Card account. Follow the directions to access your transactions and print out a list of all of your transactions. If you still have a question about your account, please contact the One Card office at 410-706-6943 or 6-MYID, or send an email to

Comments or suggestions? 

We welcome your comments by email at, by phone at 410-706-6943, or in person at the SMC Campus Center. The One Card team is here to provide a convenient and efficient service to the University community. If you are a business or service interested in using the One Card, please give us a call.