- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Want to help us enhance our site and promote diversity and inclusion at UMB?
Send us your comments and suggestions or submit a quote.
We do not grow absolutely, chronologically.
We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly.
We grow partially. We are relative.
We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present.
We are made up of layers, cells, and constellations.
— Anais Nin
2019 MLK Diversity Recognition Award Nominations
The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Diversity Recognition Award honors an individual or group achievements in the areas of diversity and inclusiveness. Click here to learn more and submit your nomination for this prestigious award by November 21st, 2018.
The mission of UMB’s Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) is to provide recommendations to the president that promote the University’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The DAC will seek to fulfill its mission through the following goals:
• Identify opportunities within and outside the University that enhance training and professional development in valuing diversity and cultural competency.
• Recommend opportunities to improve standards, practices, and procedures to create a University culture of inclusion and equity.
• Recognize exemplary practices, programs, and individuals that embody a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ensure that the achievement of diversity, equity, and inclusion are guiding principles in every aspect of the University’s initiatives.