- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Want to help us enhance our site and promote diversity and inclusion at UMB?
Send us your comments and suggestions or submit a quote.
Differences challenge assumptions.
— Anne Wilson Schaef
The only national higher education diversity award
Insight: Into Diversity and Health Professions - Higher Education Award - Excellence in Diversity - 2018
Insight: Into Diversity - Higher Education Award - Excellence in Diversity - 2015
2019 MLK Diversity Recognition Awards
The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Diversity Recognition Award honors an individual or group achievements in the areas of diversity and inclusiveness. Click here to read about the 2019 winners.
The mission of UMB’s Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) is to provide recommendations to the president that promote the University’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The DAC will seek to fulfill its mission through the following goals:
• Identify opportunities within and outside the University that enhance training and professional development in valuing diversity and cultural competency.
• Identify and recommend opportunities to improve standards, practices, and procedures to create a campus culture of inclusion and equity
• Recognize exemplary practices, programs, and individuals that embody a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Ensure that the achievement of diversity, equity, and inclusion are guiding principles in every aspect of the University’s initiatives.