- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Sanctions and Restrictions
Certain locations, organizations, and individuals are subject to U.S. sanctions, embargoes, and other restrictions. The restrictions apply to export transactions whether we are dealing with a foreign organization or individual (Foreign Person) across the border or here in the United States (deemed export).
Transactions and activities that may be restricted include:
- financial transactions
- services, including training and publication
- shipment or use of export controlled items (e.g., material transfer)
- sharing of information related to controlled technology
Do not export items or information to an entity/person until you have checked to see whether the country, entity, or individual is sanctioned and whether a license is required to proceed. A country, organization, or individual may be prohibited entirely from a transaction, or it may be possible to obtain a license for you and UMB to do business. Contact the export compliance team for assistance and more information.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.