Supplemental Retirement Accounts

In addition to the pension and ORP retirement plans, all employees including faculty, exempt and nonexempt staff, contractual contingent category I and II employees, postdoctoral fellows, residents, and graduate assistants may enroll in a supplemental retirement plan at any time. UMB offers 401(k), 403(b), 457(b) and Roth plans. The vendors are Fidelity, TIAA, and Nationwide.

Contribution limits are determined by the IRS. The 2020 IRS contribution limits are:

  • $19,500 for a 401(k) or a 403(b) plan.
  • An additional $19,500 may be contributed to a 457(b) plan.
  • If the employee is 50 or older, they may be able to contribute an additional $6,500 to the plans. Contact the vendor for additional details and IRS restrictions.

Financial Counseling Sessions Schedule

Supplemental Retirement Comparison Chart

Supplemental Retirement Account Change Forms

Please submit ORIGINAL forms to the HR Benefits office before the deadlines outlined on this chart.

SRA Processing Deadlines 2019

SRA Processing Deadlines 2020