- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
SharePoint is a cloud-based collaborative service.
It enables departments, schools, and project members to share and collaborate with other faculty/staff, students, and researchers. With SharePoint, you can create collaborative websites that can be used to share files, assign tasks, start blogs, calendars, manage workflows, etc., from anywhere — at the office, at home, or from a mobile device.
In conjunction with each school and administrative department at UMB, CITS is working on rolling out SharePoint and converting previous classic sites to the modern workspace. The Modern Workspace utilizes Microsoft Teams and Groups and has many additional features available, including rolled-up news and site activities, shared search across related sites, cross-site navigation, easier to collaborate and share information and services with others, and ability to move/reorganize sites if a department/project needs to move to another area. Each school/department will be contacted when its team site is ready and all employees in the respective school/department will have access. If you are interested in using SharePoint immediately, please complete the Teams request form.
- What are the benefits of SharePoint?
- Request access
- Office 365/SharePoint training offered by CITS
- SharePoint Guidelines
Note: When creating a new document library, the document library name should not have any spaces. You can adjust the name and add a space after it is created.
- File naming standards
- Create a new document library
- Upload document(s) — this approach will not keep file properties such date, last updated by, etc.
- Upload files/document using Migration tool — this approach will keep file properties, but only team site owners can use this tool
How to format csv file (used with migration tool) to upload folders/files to team site document library.
- Edit/save a document
- Add, rename, delete files in a library
- Uploading Folders with Subfolders
- Share a document
- Check in/out a document
- Create an alert
- Sync a Document Library
- Stop Syncing and Removing a Document Library
- Copy files/folders between OneDrive and SharePoint
- Creating a Microsoft Account – External Users
- File on Demand
- Create a list
- Add, edit, or delete items to a list
- Using site columns
- Create an alert
- Use lists to manage project calendars, tasks, discussions, etc.
News (web part)
Pin to top
Advanced Features (Team/site owners)
- Who are team site owners
- Permissions inheritance
- Customizing the modern experience view
- Groups and permissions
- Managing Permissions
- Understanding permission levels
- Difference between member and guest (external users)
- Create a Document Library
- Delete a list or library
- PowerApps, Flow, and PowerBI
- Edit/manage permissions for a list or library
- Hub Site management - design, news, search, and navigation
If there are no designated IT resources or help desks within a school at UMB, the CITS IT Help Desk can provide help and assistance with using SharePoint. The CITS IT Help Desk also is the primary resource for providing assistance with O365 applications for all the administrative departments at UMB. You can reach the IT Help Desk via email or by calling 410-706-HELP.