- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Modern team sites
Benefits of a Modern Team sites
Modern Team sites enable groups of individuals - whether a department, project team, class, student organization, cross-department initiative, etc. to collaborate and work together. The Modern Workspace combines Microsoft's Teams, O365 Groups and SharePoint together to seamlessly integrate security, content, people, and applications together. Modern team sites are replacing the need for share drives since the files are stored in the cloud and can be securely accessed anywhere by members of the team. Team sites can also be grouped together using hub sites (communication sites) that will have a common/shared navigation, news, content search, and design.
Modern team sites include SharePoint document libraries, calendars, lists, and forms. Each Team site uses an O365 Group to manage security permissions (who can access the site), but additional permissions can also be defined for each document library (folders and files). Modern teams allow members to easily track all conversations and Office 365 documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Planner, Power BI and Delve). Teams allows group members to securly chat and share files/information with one another regardless where they are located.
Modern Team sites include:
- Shared calendar
- Team access based on O365 group with a group email address/inbox
- up to 1000 members per group
- Team file repository
- Chat-based discussion interface (one-to-one or larger group of people in the team)
- Files can be shared externally (people outside the organization) if needed
- SharePoint site:
- Document library (file repository)
- Planner (task management)
- Ability to use workflows
Complete the Teams Request Form if you are interested in being part of an existing team site or would like a new team site created.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.