- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
There are many great benefits to using SharePoint to help improve communications, collaboration, reduce paperwork and manual processes, and safely store and share information within your department, school, and project. Organizations can easily control cost and reduce risk associated with IT through SharePoint; not to mention it allows departments and project teams to effectively access information and collaborate with each other. Some of key benefits include:
- Accessible Anywhere: SharePoint online is a cloud based service so it is easily accessible to all UMB users both on and off campus by using a browser and logging into O365 or from your mobile device by using an app.
- Complete Microsoft Integration: Completely integrated with Microsoft products everyone is already using and familiar with including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Groups for Office 365, Skype, and OneDrive for Business that will help create and automate business processes and tasks you do regularly.
- Real-time Collaboration: Streamline sharing and managing content, knowledge, news, and apps with others, sharing calendars and timelines, discussing topics, using a discussion board or newsfeeds, creating alerts and notifications, and much more.
- Ease of Use: SharePoint includes functionality that gives you more power to use business tools and develop solutions to improve your job without requiring a technical background or a developer.
- Security: Content within SharePoint is securely stored using a Microsoft managed cloud environment. Security and permissions can be set at a site, folder, document, and item level. Office 365 provides the best security manageability with data centers, encryptions, certifications, and security monitoring is best in class in the industry. SharePoint Online meets the following standards and compliance including HIPAA, FISMA, ISO 27001, FERPA, SSAE 16, EU Model Clauses, and US-EU Safe Harbor Framework.