- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
On January 31, 2012, a discussion on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program was held here at UMB. During the discussion, U.S. Department of Education Under Secretary Martha Kanter and Congressman John Sarbanes introduced an updated Public Service Loan Forgiveness Fact Sheet along with a new Employment Certification Form to help borrowers track their progress toward PSLF.
The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after the borrower has made
- 120 qualifying monthly payments
- under a qualifying repayment plan
- while working full-time for a qualifying employer
For detailed information on eligibility requirements, please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness page on the U.S. Department of Education’s website.
If you have questions about repayment plans for your federal student loans, you may contact your financial aid counselor to schedule an appointment.