- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The University participates in the Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP). FDLP/Direct Loans are low-interest loans available to help pay for college costs.
With Direct Loans, students borrow directly from the federal government; their lender is the Department of Education. The loan types (Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Grad PLUS and Parent PLUS) and amounts available are based on the student's dependency status and grade level and are determined by the school.
To be considered for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, the student must meet the following conditions
- Must be enrolled at least ½ time in a program leading to a degree
- Must have completed a FAFSA
- Must demonstrate financial need if awarded a subsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan
The interest rates for the Federal Direct Loan Program are as follows for loans disbursed between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020:
- Undergraduate Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized (Stafford Loans): 4.53%
- Graduate Direct Unsubsidized (Stafford Loans): 6.08%
- PLUS (Graduate PLUS and Parent PLUS Loans): 7.08%
For more information regarding federal student loan interest rates, visit the Department of Education.
- Entrance counseling: Entrance Counseling helps you to understand your responsibilities regarding your loan(s). If you are a new/first-time Direct Loan borrower at the University of Maryland, Baltimore you must complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling before your loan(s) will be processed. You may do so by going to the FDLP/Direct Loan Entrance Counseling website by clicking here.
- MPN: First-time Direct Loan borrowers at the University of Maryland must also submit a Master Promissory Note (MPN), which may be completed online at the Direct Loans Master Promissory Note website by clicking here.
Loan Limits for Undergraduate Students
|Year 3||$5,500||$7,000 Independent
|Year 4||$5,500||$7,000 Independent
|Year 5||$5,500||$7,000 Independent
Loan Limits for Graduate Students/Professional Students: Law, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Pharmacy, MPH, MS, PhD, Post Doc. Dental
Loan Limits for Professional Students: Medicine, M.D. degree, Dentistry, DDS