- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Call 911 to report an emergency.
Campus Police Non-Emergency
Facilities Service Center
Environmental Health and Safety
Student Counseling Center
Fire or Emergency Evacuation
If you discover a fire or emergency situation inside a building, you should:
- Activate the manual alarm pull station. They are located near emergency exits.
- Call University Police at 711 or 410-706-3333 once you are a safe distance away.
You should do the following:
- Do not use elevators.
- Immediately evacuate using marked emergency exits.
- Individuals requiring evacuation assistance should go to the designated area for rescue assistance on their floor and await further instructions.
- Obey Emergency Wardens and emergency response officials.
- Evacuate in an orderly manner. Walk, don’t run.
- Stay in single file in the stairways.
- If all exits from a floor are blocked, return to your work area and:
- Close the door and place a towel or article of clothing along the bottom edge of the door.
- Open the windows for fresh air and hang an article of clothing or other similar article out the window. This will let the fire department know you are still in the building.
- If the window cannot be opened, DO NOT BREAK the glass.
- If you must remain in a room during a fire or other emergency, remain calm and call 711 or 410-706-3333 and advise University Police of your location and the situation and wait for the fire department to assist you.