- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Blackboard Collaborate is a comprehensive online learning platform that combines audio, video, and web conferencing.
At UMB, Blackboard Collaborate is used by faculty for delivering online curriculum, by students participating in online courses, and by other members of the campus community for hosting and participating in online web conferencing and meetings.
While the Blackboard Collaborate tool is ideal for sharing a vast array of information, including multimedia and images, the Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing system is not meant to be used to discuss, share, or record protected health information.
- Faculty and students access Collaborate through their respective Blackboard courses. Administration, staff, and other noncurricular meeting organizers access Collaborate through the Session Administration System (SAS).
- If you are new to Blackboard Collaborate and need asstance obtaining an account/access, logging in, etc., the Collaborate Support page has information to assist you.
There are two versions of Blackboard Collaborate — Classic (the original experience) and Ultra. The Classic version requires a separate launcher program that includes the correct version of Java to run the web conference. The Ultra version is based on modern web technologies including HTML 5 and WebRTC. You don't need to install Java or a launcher.
- Collaborate Classic 12.6 System Requirements
- Collaborate Classic: Blackboard Help Pages
- Collaborate Classic Launcher
- Learning to use Blackboard Collaborate Classic (Original). The Collaborate Classic Training page has online training videos and documentation to help you get up to speed.