- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Blackboard is the courseware management system at the University of Maryland, Baltimore for web-enhanced and web-based courses.
Duo is the University of Maryland's solution for multi-factor authentication. Click here for more information.
Known Issues for the Blackboard Mobile Apps - Instructor App and Blackboard App and DUO
The DUO 2FA Push Notification method is not currently supported by the Blackboard mobile apps. Some configurations appear to work on Android and older iOS devices, but there is a known issue with iOS 11. To authenticate in the apps via a mechanism which has implemented DUO 2FA security, use the Passcode method.
To use the Passcode Method:
- Bring up the mobile app on you mobile device.
- Click on the red button to go to the University of Maryland Web Login page and enter your UMID and Password - select Login.
- When the DUO page displays toggle to the DUO app to get a Passcode.
- Toggle back to the Web Login DUO page and select Enter a Passcode.
- Enter the Passcode then select Login.
The display on your device will flash back to the University of Maryland, Baltimore Web Login page briefly before taking you into the App. The length of time will be determined on the speed of your internet connection.
Don't forget to logout of your mobile app!
- Open the options menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- From the Settings page select Logout.
Blackboard is normally unavailable on the first Tuesday of each month from 9 p.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday (Eastern time) for system maintenance. There will be no maintenance on December 4, 2018.
If you experience problems logging in with your UMID or password, email the IT Help Desk.
If you experience problems performing a task or accessing information:
For the best Blackboard Learn experience with your screen reader, use Firefox® and JAWS® on a Windows® system. On a Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver. Visit the Accessibility topic to learn more about Blackboard's approach to accessible software.