- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
User Resources and Help
Resources to help Kuali Coeus users at UMB
Information for users, organized by category.
- Across-the-Board: Searching, proposal locks, other general tips and information
- Proposal details: Proposal details tab including performance sites and other organizations
- Budgets: Budget instructions and important advice
- Attachments: Forms and instructions
- Certify or Approve: PI certification and approval; brief tutorial for approvers
- Validation-Errors-Warnings: How to check for proposal errors; tips on error messages
Latest Advice and Hints
Please contact your SPA team with questions and concerns.
- BUG: KC randomly selects a person from the budget and puts their salary in the Travel category. The travel amount cannot be fixed or deleted. Current work around: Make a new budget (not a copy)
- Internet Explorer 10 (IE10): Do not use this version of IE. There have been many issues including "missing data". IE9 and IE11 can be used.
- Grants.gov Error - /grantApplication/Forms/activity Title is not valid: If the funding opportunity title is longer than 120 characters, you will see this error on validation. Please email DL-CITS COEUS Report A Problem if this error occurs as it is something that needs to be fixed "behind the scenes".
- 9-digit zip codes: The NIH validates for 9-digit zip codes for U.S. addresses for Key Persons, Performance Sites, and Subrecipients. Please provide a 9-digit zip code for U.S. addresses in all Address requests. Look up the zip code at usps.com
- Protocol number (Special Review tab): Do not use spaces or special characters in the Protocol Number. Dashes - are OK.
- Logging out: Are you using the IE browser? If you are, you will need to manually remove the cookies from your browser before someone else can log into Kuali Coeus using your machine. If you are using FireFox or Chrome, you will need to Quit (close) the browser completely, then re-open it before someone else can log in using your machine.
- Attachment names must not contain any spaces or special characters. Example: UniversityOfMaryland2014.pdf
- Descriptions: Many fields have character limits such as the Description field for a budget line item, the Budget Version name, even department/division names. Please limit your data entry in fields of this type to 30 characters or fewer. We will continue to keep track of findings and add related tips and advice.
Help with Kuali Coeus software questions: In addition to the resources in this section, look for the in-application help icon within your Kuali Coeus proposal. This icon links to an online manual that, though not UMB-specific, provides context-sensitive detail about the software. If you still need assistance, please contact your department administrator or your SPA team.
Assistance with Proposal Development: If you have a proposal question that is not directly related to Kuali Coeus such as Sponsor application guidelines or preparing a proposal budget, go to the SPA website, or contact your department administrator or your SPA team.
Technical Help: Contact DL-CITS COEUS Report A Problem and identify the Proposal number (preferred) or document number when reporting a technical issue.
The ASC Help Desk is also available to address technical, password, portal, and system access issues. Phone: 410-706-HELP