- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Approval for a temporary project chartstring may be requested prior to receipt of an award when there is a very high likelihood that the award will be made. Temporary projects are recommended so that payroll and other expenses for project investigators and staff will be charged to the correct project, reducing the need for payroll and other cost transfers in the future.
Instructions for Completing the Request for Temporary Project
The proposed project must be routed in Kuali Coeus before a temporary project can be set up. The request for temporary project may be uploaded to the proposal along with the scope of work, proposed agreement, and other relevant documents.
- New = the anticipated award is for a new project that has not been previously funded.
- Continuation = the anticipated award is a competing or non-competing continuation of an existing award and a new project is required. New projects are required when a financial report is required annually and/or carryforward requests need sponsor approval.
- Extension of Project = the anticipated award is a non-competing continuation or no-cost extension of an existing award that does not require a new project.
- Cost Share companion chartstring = check if needed; prior approval required. If cost share was not approved during the Kuali Coeus approval routing, complete and submit the approved Cost Sharing Commitment Form
- Over the Salary Cap companion chartstring = check if needed. Salary cap information
Project Information: Please complete all of the required information.
Intent to Fund Information: Please complete all of the required information.
PI Signature: The Principal Investigator must sign and date this form in order for the request to be processed.
IPA with VA: Signature of the Dean or designee is required.
Guarantee: You must complete this entire section. If not completed, your temporary project will not be set up.The Department Chair signature and date is required.
Follow up with the sponsor if the award document is not received when expected.
After the award is received, the same project is updated with award information.