- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Proposal entry instructions and tips
Information required to save a new proposal:
1. Proposal Type: For S2S proposals, if you are submitting a Changed/Corrected proposal, you must select one of the Changed/Corrected proposal types
2. Lead Unit: Once selected and saved in a proposal, the Lead Unit cannot be changed.
- The Lead Unit selected for the proposal must be the PI's department where they hold their academic appointment.
- If the PI is in a Center, check the Key Personnel section and the PI's Unit Details tab. Add the Center if it is missing.
3. Activity Type: This selection drives the F&A rate that is applied to your proposal budget.
4. Sponsor Code: If your sponsor is not in the Sponsor Look-up, request a new Sponsor using the Address Request. If the Sponsor is a corporation, the proposal will be routed to the Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts (CCT). SPA and CCT have an internal procedure to redirect a proposal on a case-by-case basis.
5. Project Start Date
6. Project End Date
Upon saving this information the first time, the proposal is created.
Make note of (write down) the Proposal Number for future reference. It is found in the upper left corner of the screen.
When applicable, add the Prime Sponsor Code in the field at the bottom of the page. The Prime Sponsor Code should be entered if UMB is submitting a subaward proposal to another organization that will then submit the full proposal the to the Sponsor.