Have questions about your international activity? Submit our intake questionnaire and we’ll be in touch!
Want to talk to us?
Need to talk to someone about export compliance? Reach out to the Export Officer in the Office of Research and Development (ORD).
What is export compliance?
The US and other governments place limits on transactions with certain countries, entities, or individuals. Export controls are US federal laws restricting the transfer of goods and technology to and the performance of services for persons and entities outside the US. Complying with their regulations may be tricky!
What activities might trigger export controls?
Review the list of Export Red Flags and contact the Export Officer in ORD with any questions.
Relevant UMB Policies & Procedures
- Procedures for Reporting Known or Suspected Violations of Law, Policy or Misconduct through the UMB Hotline
- UM Procedures for Review and Investigation of Reports of Fiscal Irregularities, Illegal Activity, and Violations of Policy
- UMB Code of Ethics and Conduct
- UMB Policy Regarding U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions Laws
- University of Maryland Whistleblower Policy on Reporting Fiscal Irregularities, Illegal Activity, and Violations of Policy
- USM Policy on the Communication of Suspected Fraud, Unethical and Illegal Business Activity