What is export compliance?
The US and other governments place limits on transactions with certain countries, entities, or individuals. Export controls are US federal laws restricting the transfer of goods and technology to and the performance of services for persons and entities outside the US. Complying with their regulations may be tricky!
Relevant UMB Policies & Procedures
- Procedures for Reporting Known or Suspected Violations of Law, Policy or Misconduct through the UMB Hotline
- UM Procedures for Review and Investigation of Reports of Fiscal Irregularities, Illegal Activity, and Violations of Policy
- UMB Code of Ethics and Conduct
- UMB Policy Regarding U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions Laws
- University of Maryland Whistleblower Policy on Reporting Fiscal Irregularities, Illegal Activity, and Violations of Policy
- USM Policy on the Communication of Suspected Fraud, Unethical and Illegal Business Activity