Academic Experiences Abroad
Want to talk to us?
Need to talk to someone about academic experiences abroad? Contact the Center for Global at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for faculty
On this Education Abroad and Virtual Education resource page, you will find a UMB checklist to help plan international education experiences for students (courses, clinics, electives), sample syllabi, course descriptions, program applications, and more.
Read stories about some of the previous innovative global projects that were made possible through the Center for Global Engagement’s Faculty Interprofessional Global Grant program. The projects range from research to capacity building to training and usually took place in an established research site overseas for two to four weeks.
Integrating global concepts into your courses
Apply to join the GLOBALtimore Teaching Fellowship program, which consists of workshops, a support stipend, and membership in a learning community of faculty from across UMB's professional and graduate schools to learn about global education and how to integrate global concepts into new or existing courses.
Resources for students
Are you looking for an international internship or volunteer experience? Check out our Global Opportunities webpage.
- Certificate in Implementation and Dissemination Science (Graduate School)
- Certificate in Global Health Innovation (Graduate School)
- Certificate in Global Health Monitoring and Evaluation (Graduate School)
- Global Health Certificate (School of Nursing)
- Master of Public Health (School of Medicine)
- Masters of Science in Global Health (Graduate School)