Report a Crime

This form is for reporting non-emergencies only. In an emergency, call 911!

Clery crimes, including reports from Campus Security Authorities (CSAs), should be made through the Clery Incident Report Form.

Not sure which form to use? Don't worry! We'll make sure the report gets to the right person.

The University of Maryland, Baltimore Department of Police and Public Safety is committed to creating a safe campus for those who visit, learn, and work at UMB.

Unfortunately, we can't be all places at once and crime does occur. Safety is a community effort. If you have been a victim or witness of a crime, reporting it can help us to solve the crime, examine safety measures in the area, find and return lost property, and reevaluate our patrol strategy. This form should be used to report crimes like theft, vandalism, or lost property. 

  • This form is for incidents that do not require immediate police response. If this is an emergency, call 911. If you need to talk to and/or meet with UMB Police and Public Safety immediately, call 410-706-6882.
  • This form is only for incidents that occur within UMB Police and Public Safety's jurisdiction (on UMB's campus, including the BioPark). 
  • Provide as much detail as possible. Serial numbers and unique identifying details about your property (e.g. colors, scratches, marks, custom parts, etc.) are very helpful.
  • Knowingly making a false police report is a crime, subject to up to 6 months in prison or a fine of up to $500 or both (Section 9-501 and 9-503 of the Annotated Code of Maryland). 
Fill out my online form.

Some information on this page was adapted from the University of Illinois Police Department, with our thanks.