About the Voucher Program
The ICTR Voucher Program is intended to help the researcher generate pilot data needed for extramural grant applications/peer-reviewed publications. Services that may be eligible for voucher support include those listed at these sites: CIBR, GCRC, BIORESCO, NORC, and UMMC* IDS and some community-engaged research expenses.
DO NOT Use the Voucher Program for Biostatistics, Informatics, Community-Collaboration, or the Drug Discovery Development services. These services are ICTR Cores of Service and do not require Voucher support.
Please Note: The Voucher Program resources are finite and
- Cannot be requested to offset expenses in a grant application
- The researcher should be ready to begin using the voucher support within 12 months of the award date. Remaining funds will be returned to the ICTR
- Cannot be encumbered for future use or transferred to another project, researcher, or expense.
- Limited to one voucher award per faculty per 12 months
- Limited to one voucher award per project
- Cannot be used to pay salary support that is not already included in a UMB cost center's fee schedule
UMB ICTR Voucher support is open to all UMB assistant professor, associate professor, and professor faculty. UMB faculty may apply for:
Up to $5,000 to help defray the costs of services needed to generate preliminary data for grant applications/peer-reviewed publications
Voucher awards are limited to one per faculty member every 12 months and only one voucher award per project.
How to Apply - Two Steps
First - Request the Voucher Application through the electronic ICTR Resource Request Form
- Use your UMID/password to log into the webpage to access the link to the ICTR Resource Request Form. The request for the Voucher Application is near the end of the form, after the ICTR cores of service. Remember, the Voucher Program is not intended for biostatistics, informatics, community collaboration, drug discovery and development core services.
- Once submitted, your request for a Voucher application will be triaged to the appropriate to the Voucher Program Liaison for review.
Second - Upload the Required, Supporting Documents into the Voucher Application
- If your request is eligible for voucher support consideration, you will receive an email with a link to your electronic Voucher Application. Be prepared to upload the supporting documents listed below into the Voucher Application:
- Proposal Abstract Template (Save to desktop before entering data; limit 300 words)
- Budget Template* (budget cannot exceed the allowed amounts noted above)
- CURRENT, SIGNED, WRITTEN quote(s) from the UMB Core(s) and/or community service providers that will be providing the planned service(s)
- Statement on:
- Why services are needed.
- How the voucher will extend existing funding.
- Impact the ICTR Voucher will have on the research.
- Time frame for voucher utilization (voucher award should be used within 12 months)
You can return to your application using the "Save and Return Later" feature and edit as needed. Once submitted, the application is reviewed by the Voucher Program Liaison for completeness and then forwarded to the Voucher Committee for review. Applications submitted near the deadline without the required supporting documents risk being rolled over to the next deadline to allow time for you to modify your application. Awards are typically announced the beginning of the following month.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact the ICTR Navigator (ICTRemail@example.com).
Application Submission Deadline
Applications are accepted on a bi-monthly basis. Beginning August 1st, applications will be accepted quarterly. The first round of applications, with all supporting documents listed below in the Review Process section, must be submitted by November 1, 2019, 5 p.m. Applications submitted after this deadline will be rolled over to the next round.
2019 Application deadlines
Feb. 3, 2020
Voucher Program applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of UMB faculty across campus. The decision and anticipated award notification is typically within six weeks after the application deadline.
This section last updated October 30, 2019