About the Voucher Program
The ICTR Voucher Program is intended to help the researcher generate pilot data needed for extramural grant applications/peer-reviewed publications. Services that may be eligible for voucher support include those listed at these sites: CIBR, GCRC, NORC, and UMMC* IDS. Some community-engaged research expenses may qualify.
- UMB Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor faculty with a minimum 51% FTE appointment
- UMB ICTR TL1 and KL2 Scholars
- Up to $5000 in voucher support may be awarded. The application must include signed, written quotes from the UMB service provider
- CANNOT be used to obtain be used to obtain Biostatistics, Informatics, Community-Collaboration, or Drug Discovery and Development services. These services are available through the ICTR Cores of Service. Please click on link above for more information.
- Cannot be requested to offset expenses in a grant application
- The voucher award must be exhausted within 12 months of the award date. After 12 months, the remaining voucher award will be returned to the ICTR
- Cannot be encumbered for future use or transferred to another project, researcher, or expense.
- Limited to one voucher award per faculty per 12 months
- Limited to one voucher award per project
- Cannot be used to pay salary support that is not already included in a UMB cost center's fee schedule
- Until further notice, voucher support cannot be used for BIORESCO purchases.
- Applications must be completed by the researcher and not a surrogate.
Questions? Several ICTR Navigators are on hand to help you with the "next steps." Please email ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu
How to Apply - Two Steps
First - Request the Voucher Application through the electronic ICTR Resource Request Form
- Use your UMID/password to log into the webpage to access the link to the ICTR Resource Request Form. The request for the Voucher Application is near the end of the form, after the ICTR cores of service. Remember, the Voucher Program is not intended for biostatistics, informatics, community collaboration, drug discovery and development core services.
- Once submitted, your ICTR resource request will be forwarded to the ICTR Navigator for review and for further processing within 1-2 business days after your request was submitted (as noted by its timestamp). If your request apprears eligible for voucher support, you will receive a REDCap email with a link to your Voucher Application.
- Second - Complete and Submit the Voucher Application. Make you sure you have uploaded the required documents below as well as the signed, written quotes for the core service provider(s). Required documents:
- Proposal Abstract Template (Save to desktop before entering data; limit 30 lines)
- Budget Template* (budget cannot exceed the allowed amounts noted above)
- CURRENT, SIGNED, WRITTEN quote(s) from the UMB Core(s) and/or community service providers that will be providing the planned service(s)
- Statement on:
- Why services are needed.
- How the voucher will extend existing funding.
- Impact the ICTR Voucher will have on the research.
- Time frame for voucher utilization (voucher award should be used within 12 months)
You can return to your application using the "Save and Return Later" feature and edit as needed. Once submitted, the application is reviewed by the Voucher Program Liaison for completeness and then forwarded to the Voucher Committee for review. Applications submitted near the deadline without the required supporting documents risk being rolled over to the next deadline to allow time for you to modify your application. Awards are typically announced the beginning of the following month.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact the ICTR Navigator (ICTRemail@example.com).
Application Submission Deadline
Applications are accepted every 3 months. All supporting documents listed in the Review Process section below, must be submitted by 5 p.m. Applications submitted after the deadline will be rolled over to the next round.
2020 Application deadlines
Voucher Program applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of UMB faculty across campus. The decision and anticipated award notification is typically within six weeks after the application deadline.
Acknowledging the ICTR and CTSA grant
All publications, abstracts, poster presentations, and grant applications resulting from research supported by the UMB ICTR Cores (Biostatistics, Informatics, and Community Collaboration); ICTR Vouchers Program (such as General Clinical Research Center (GCRC) services or other UMB Cores' services); ICTR Studios consulting service; the ATIP Program pilot funding; or the ICTR Scolars Program should cite the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Institute for Clinical & Translational Research as a contributing source of support. Please include the following citation:
“We acknowledge the support of the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (ICTR) and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Clinical Translational Science Award (CTSA) grant number 1UL1TR003098.”
This section last updated April 30, 2020