ATIP Grant Program FOA
2022 - 2023 Accelerated Translational Incubator Pilot (ATIP) Grant Program Funding Opportunity Announcement
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR) is pleased to announce the Accelerated Translational Incubator Pilot (ATIP) Grant competition to provide funds for projects focused on innovative, translational research that involve faculty from the UMB Schools of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, or Social Work; UMBC, and UMCP.
Funding is provided through UMB’s and Johns Hopkins University’s (JHU) partnership in the National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences’ (NCATS) Clinical & Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Program, grant number 1UL1TR003098 or through the UMB ICTR internal funding mechanism.
|Deadlines:||ATIP Application – Friday, November 11, 2022, 5 pm (Eastern Time)|
|Eligibility:||Faculty at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor from the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), and University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP)|
|Budget:||Up to $50,000 in direct costs (indirects not permitted)|
May 1, 2023 – April 30, 2024
Two types of Proposals Accepted
ICTR Innovative Collaboration Pilot Grant - Aims to stimulate innovative collaborations among faculty of the UMB Schools of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, UMB, UMBC, and UMCP that will involve research along the translational continuum.
ICTR Artificial Intelligence/Cybersecurity/Machine Learning Pilot Grant - Aims to support new or existing clinical and translational research collaborations between UMB, UMBC, and UMCP faculty that will test transformative projects that improve healthcare.
ATIP FOA Document and Instructions
ATIP Grant Program 2023-2024 RFA/Description
PLEASE REVIEW RFA CAREFULLY! THE RFA PROVIDES PAGE LIMIT INFORMATION IN THE DESCRIPTION OF EACH REQUIRED ELEMENT. PLEASE REVIEW LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BELOW. APPLICATIONS NOT RESPONSIVE TO ALL REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
- You are required to use templates where noted. All supporting documents must be completed and uploaded electronically in the application document upload section. Key Personnel and Reviewer templates are not uploaded as they serve only as a guide to the information to entered into the electronic application.
- PLEASE NOTE! You have the option to save and return to your application. If you have problems returning to your application, DO NOT start another application! This will cause duplicate applications and effort on your part. Instead, email ICTR-Navigator@ umaryland.edu or call or text 410-627-3232 (cell) for help returning to your application.
Required Templates and Electronic Application Link
1. REQUIRED TEMPLATES
ICTR Budget Template
Milestone Timeline Template
Cover Letter Template (this is a guide to what is required)
2. KEY PERSONNEL AND REVIEWER INFORMATION NEEDED
Collect the information in the forms below for each reviewer you select and for each person listed on your project. You will need to enter the information collected in the forms into your ATIP electronic application. You WILL NOT be able to upload these forms.
Key Personnel Information Needed
Reviewer Information Needed
3. ELECTRONIC APPLICATION LINK TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS
Please note! The application system will be down 7 PM to 1030 PM Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 EDT
DO NOT initiate electronic application until the RFA and templates are carefully reviewed!
UMB applicants: Use your UMID to access the electonic application HERE.
UMBC and UMCP applicants: Please request an application HERE or paste this URL in browser https://rs.igs.umaryland.edu/surveys/?s=TFXHYDRCPF (created in REDCap). In your request, please provide the following information:
Best contact number
ATIP funding opportunity you wish to apply for
ICTR Innovative Collaboration Pilot Grant, or
ICTR Artificial Intelligence/Cybersecurity/Machine Learning Pilot Grant
UMB Co-PI name
Once your request is submitted, you will receive an ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu email with a link to the application. Please email the ICTR Navigator if you do not receive the application link within 3 business days. Please make sure to request application in time to allow for a complete application submission. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
IMPORTANT! ADDITIONAL NIH NCATS APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS!
Awarded projects designated for the NIH NCATS funding mechanism will have additional NIH supplemental documents and other supporting document requirements. The UMB Navigator will contact you regarding the additional documents. After receipt of the required documents, the prior approval progress may take approximatedly 90 days. Common causes of delays:
- Title of project does not match IRB or IACUC letters
- IRB protocol and ATIP project information provided do not match. Example: recruitment and retention plans do not match.
- PI of IRB does not match ATIP PI or Co-PI
- ATIP PI or Co-PI not noted on the IACUC approval letter
- Team members on IRB do not match Team members on ATIP application
- Training certificates nearing expiration
- Salary, supply, and service budgets not fully itemized
ATIP Grant Program News
For lists of prior awardees and news, please visit ATIP Grant Program News
Information on this web page last updated: 9/20/2022, 6:27 pm