ICTR Cores of Services
The UMB ICTR Brings Together Experts Across Campus To Provide Free Hours of Fundamental Research Services to the UMB Faculty*.
How to Apply: Click on any of the cores listed below and scroll down to the "How to Apply..." section. Use your UMB username and password to log into the webpage housing the application link. You can apply for any of the ICTR-supported Cores of services in the same application. Restrictions
ICTR DISSEMINATION & IMPLEMENTATION CORE
The mission of the UMB ICTR Dissemination and Implementation (D&I) Core is to help the researcher move clinical translational research findings beyond the academic and scientific communities and out to the general community where it can have the most impact in reducing health outcome disparities. Without considering how to disseminate and implement findings out into the general community in the early phases of research protocol design, the information risks stopping at the scientific publication or presentation and fails to reach the intended population and/or general public. When considering the available ICTR resources, D&I should also be considered in tandem if requesting consultation services from the ICTR Cores of services below.
ICTR Biostatistics Core
The ICTR Biostatistics Core of services provides biostatistical support in the design, implementation, and interpretation of clinical translational research studies. Up to 25 hours of free services.
ICTR Community and Collaboration Core
The ICTR Community and Collaboration Core (CCC) of services provides
- Expert patient- and community-centered services and resources, such as the PATIENTS program, help in setting up focus groups, developing participant instruction videos, and more. Up to 50 hours of free services.
- Access to a Research Vehicle to transport research staff and supplies into the community.
NEW! ICTR DDD Core
The ICTR Drug Discovery and Development (DDD) Core provides up to 25 hours of free services in each of the following 4 areas:
- Computer-Aided Drug Design (CADD)
- Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics
- Mass Spectrometry
- Drug Formulation
ICTR INFORMATICS CORE
The ICTR Informatics Core provides
Up to 75 hours of support with Access to EPIC clinical data (UMMC and other UMMS clinical sites) and
Up to 25 hours of support with
- Consultation on Dissemination and Implementation
- Data management (REDCap, Qualtrics, Teleforms)
- Consultation with UMBC Cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence Core
- Consultation on the use of digital technology in support of health, such as mobile apps! C
- Consultation on Web-based Research and EHR
Access to Medicare, IQVIA, and NCI Data requires ICTR Voucher Application
ICTR Studios Program
The ICTR Studios Program offers a series of integrated, dynamic, and interactive "roundtable" discussions to assist the researcher by providing expertise in areas such as hypothesis generation, study design, biostatistics, implementation, analysis and interpretation, recruitment, and research ethics.
ICTR Navigators are here to help direct investigators to the clinical translational research services they need and advise them on the “next steps.” The ICTR Navigators serve as the UMB ResearchMatch Liaisons and can direct researchers on how to use the participant registry.
- ICTR cores of service are available only to
- UMB Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor level faculty with a minimum 51% FTE UMB appointment
- ICTR Core service hours
- Cannot be committed in a grant application
- Hours must be exhausted within 12 months
- Cannot be encumbered for future use and
- Cannot be transferred to another project or researcher
- If the ICTR Core consultant determines that the hours of service needed exceed the ICTR cap, the consultant may request approval for additional hours from ICTR Leadership. Since ICTR resources are finite, the researcher should be prepared to cover the cost for service hours that exceed the ICTR cap.
- For non-ICTR Core services, such as UMB Cores listed in these links CIBR, GCRC, NORC, and UMMC* IDS, consider the UMB ICTR Voucher program. The Voucher program may be able to help defray the cost of services from these non-ICTR Cores. Some community-engaged research expenses may also be eligible for the Voucher program. Visit the Voucher webpage for more information
Questions? Several ICTR Navigators are on hand to help you with the "next steps." Please email ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu