ICTR Cores of Services
The UMB ICTR Brings Together Experts Across Campus To Provide Free Hours of Fundamental Research Services to the UMB Faculty*.
How to Apply: Click on any of the cores listed below and scroll down to the "How to Apply..." section. Use your UMB username and password to log into the webpage housing the application link. You can apply for any of the ICTR-supported Cores of services in the same application.
The ICTR Biostatistics Core of services provides biostatistical support in the design, implementation, and interpretation of clinical translational research studies. Up to 25 hours of free services. Researchers interested in Medicare and IQVIA data, Click Here
The ICTR Community and Collaboration Core (CCC) of services provides
- Expert patient- and community-centered services and resources, such as the PATIENTS program, help in setting up focus groups, developing participant instruction videos, and more. Up to 50 hours of free services.
- Access to a Research Vehicle to transport research staff and supplies into the community.
The ICTR Drug Discovery and Development (DDD) Core provides up to 25 hours of free services in each of the following 4 areas:
- Computer-Aided Drug Design (CADD)
- Clinical Pharmacology and PHarmacometrics
- Mass Spectrometry
- Drug Formulation
The ICTR Informatics Core provides Up to 25 hours of support with
- Data management (REDCap, Qualtrics, Teleforms)
- Access to EPIC clinical data (UMMC and other UMMS clinical sites)
- Consultation with UMBC Cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence Core
- Consulting on the use of digital technology in support of health, such as mobile apps!
The ICTR Studios Program offers a series of integrated, dynamic, and interactive "roundtable" discussions to assist the researcher by providing expertise in areas such as hypothesis generation, study design, biostatistics, implementation, analysis and interpretation, recruitment, and research ethics.
ICTR Navigators are here to help direct investigators to the clinical translational research services they need and advise them on the “next steps.” The ICTR Navigators serve as the UMB ResearchMatch Liaisons and can direct researchers on how to use the participant registry.
- ICTR cores of service are available only to
- UMB Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor level faculty with a minimum 51% FTE UMB appointment
- ICTR Core service hours
- Cannot be committed in a grant application
- Hours must be exhausted within 12 months
- Cannot be encumbered for future use and
- Cannot be transferred to another project or researcher
- If the ICTR Core consultant determines that the hours of service needed exceed the ICTR cap, the consultant may request approval for additional hours from ICTR Leadership. Since ICTR resources are finite, the researcher should be prepared to cover the cost for service hours that exceed the ICTR cap.
- For non-ICTR Core services, such as UMB Cores listed in these links CIBR, GCRC, NORC, and UMMC* IDS, consider the UMB ICTR Voucher program. The Voucher program may be able to help defray the cost of services from these non-ICTR Cores. Some community-engaged research expenses may also be eligible for the Voucher program. Visit the Voucher webpage for more information
Questions? Several ICTR Navigators are on hand to help you with the "next steps." Please email ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu