Have questions about your international activity? Submit our intake questionnaire and we’ll be in touch!
Recommended Training for International Travelers
International SOS's Safety and Security Training
International SOS has a suite of high-quality multimedia safety and security trainings available to all traveling on behalf of UMB.
Accessing the trainings is quick and easy! Please follow these steps to start learning:
- Log in to UMB's International SOS portal, click on "My Organization" and scroll down to Digital Learning.
- Visit International SOS's Digital Learning Platform and create an account- please note that this is a separate account from your main International SOS account that you would use for assistance purposes. If you've already created a Digital Learning account, log in with those credentials.
- You'll then be taken to the main course page. Click on a course to enroll and begin learning!
We highly recommend the following courses:
Introduction to Membership (16 minutes) – a good overview of all of International SOS's services, and how to utilize them
- Travel Risk Awareness (25 minutes) – recommended for all UMB travelers
- Student Travel (25 minutes) - for both students traveling internationally and faculty leading student trips
- Travel Awareness- High Risk (25 minutes)- for those traveling to high or extreme travel risk destinations
- Women's Security (16 minutes)- tailored to address specific topics for female travelers.
There are also a number of micro-learnings- a variety of 3-4 minute videos on topics ranging from LGBTQIA+ travel considerations to natural disasters and hotel safety.
If you need technical assistance with the Digital Learning Platform, please contact us via the Global Hub.
In-Person Learning Opportunities
The Office of Emergency Management offers a number of high-quality, in-person learning opportunities. In particular, we recommend that travelers to high or extreme travel risk destinations consider taking the Stop the Bleed and Citizen's Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) courses.