Recommended Training for International Travelers
International SOS's Safety and Security Training
International SOS has a suite of high-quality multimedia safety and security trainings available to all traveling on behalf of UMB.
Accessing the trainings is quick and easy! Please follow these steps to start learning:
- Log in to UMB's International SOS portal, click on "My Organization" and scroll down to Digital Learning.
- Visit International SOS's Digital Learning Platform and create an account- please note that this is a separate account from your main International SOS account that you would use for assistance purposes. If you've already created a Digital Learning account, log in with those credentials.
- You'll then be taken to the main course page. Click on a course to enroll and begin learning!
We highly recommend the following courses:
Introduction to Membership (16 minutes) – a good overview of all of International SOS's services, and how to utilize them
- Travel Risk Awareness (25 minutes) – recommended for all UMB travelers
- Student Travel (25 minutes) - for both students traveling internationally and faculty leading student trips
- Travel Awareness- High Risk (25 minutes)- for those traveling to high or extreme travel risk destinations
- Women's Security (16 minutes)- tailored to address specific topics for female travelers.
There are also a number of micro-learnings- a variety of 3-4 minute videos on topics ranging from LGBTQIA+ travel considerations to natural disasters and hotel safety.
If you need technical assistance with the Digital Learning Platform, please contact us via the Global Hub.