UMB ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award
The Application Deadline for the 2019-2020 UMB ICTR/CTSA KL2 Award has passed.
However, you may be eligible for the UMB ICTR KL2 Mentored Career Development Award. For more information, please go HERE or copy and paste this URL into your browser https://www.umaryland.edu/ictr/training-and-career-development-/ictr-training-and-career-development-core/umb-ictr-kl2-mentored-career-development-award/.
The Application Deadline for this Opportunity is June 7, 2019, 5:00 pm EDT.
UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the inaugural call for applications for the UMB ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award. This award is for academic year 2019-2020. The purpose of the KL2 is to provide support for clinical and translational research training and career development of persons in relevant disciplines and professions from the six professional schools on the UMB campus (Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work).
The KL2 awardee will receive support for three years. The initial two years, based upon satisfactory progress, is provided by the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research/ Clinical and Translational Science Award (ICTR/CTSA), the final year is provided by the applicant’s home division/department or UMB School.
How to Apply
To be considered for the KL2 Mentored Career Development Award opportunity, applications must be submitted electronically by 5:00 PM EST April 5, 2019. ALL DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW must be completed and uploaded via a survey application form housed in UMB REDCap.
To access the application, use your UMB ID/Password to log into the secure page housing the application [Link No Longer Available. Application Deadline Past].
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact Dr. Meriem Gaval Cruz via
KL2 FOA and Required Documents
List of Required Supporting Documents:
1. Cover letter (no template required)- please briefly note any information you think provides additional clarity to your application materials
2. Personal statement (2-3 pages)
3. Research plan (2-5 pages)
4. Plans for advanced training (1-2 pages)
6. Nomination letter (written by the primary mentor and the Division/Department director; or separate letters from each)- to be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than April 5, 2019 by midnight EST.
7. Mentor biosketch
8. Two letters of recommendation (in addition to the nomination letter(s)) (Letters of recommendation should be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than April 5, 2019 by midnight EST. The online application will include a form for the applicant to entern the letter writers' contact information.)
9. Unofficial transcripts from all degree-granting academic institutions
Helpful Tips for Preparing a K-type Grant Application
Tips for preparing a competitive application, see https://www.niaid.nih.gov/grants-contracts/career-development-awards.
Tips for preparing a good career development plan, see https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Funding/Training-Career-Awards/Mentored-Career-Awards/Suggestions-Good-Career-Development-Plan
Instructions for PA-19-119 (K23): https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-19-119.html