UMB ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award
The UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2020 ICTR CTSA KL2 Career Development Award
UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the 2020 call for applications for the UMB ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award. The purpose of the KL2 is to provide support for clinical and translational research training and career development of persons in relevant disciplines and professions from the six professional schools on the UMB campus (Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work).
The KL2 awardee will receive support for three years. The initial two years, based upon satisfactory progress, is provided by the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research/ Clinical and Translational Science Award (ICTR/CTSA), the final year is provided by the applicant’s home division/department or UMB School.
SUBMISSION DUE DATE: February 14, 2020, 5 pm EST
START DATE: July 1, 2020
INFORMATION SESSION: January 8, 2020, 4:00 - 5:00 PM, UMB SMC Campus Center, 621 W. Lombard, Room 203
How to Apply
To be considered for the ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award opportunity, the applications and ALL required documents must be submitted electronically no later than February 14, 2020, 5:00 PM EST.
To access the electronic application, use your UMB ID/Password to log into the secure page housing the application CTSA KL2 Application Link.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact Dr. Graziela Kalil
List of Required Supporting Documents:
1. Cover letter (no template required) - please briefly note any information you think provides additional clarity to your application materials
2. Personal statement (2-3 pages)
3. Research plan (2-5 pages)
4. Plans for advanced training - including which specific MS, or training certificate if applicable, you intend to pursue if awarded - (1-2 pages)
6. Nomination letter (written by the primary mentor and the Division/Department director; or separate letters from each) to be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than February 14, 2020, 5 pm EST.
7. Mentor biosketch
8. Two letters of recommendation (in addition to the nomination letter(s)) (Letters of recommendation should be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than February 14, 2020, 5 pm EST. The online application will include a form for the applicant to enter the letter writers' contact information.)
9. Unofficial transcripts from all degree-granting academic institutions
Helpful Tips for Preparing a K-type Grant Application
Tips for preparing a competitive application, see https://www.niaid.nih.gov/grants-contracts/career-development-awards.
Tips for preparing a good career development plan, see https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Funding/Training-Career-Awards/Mentored-Career-Awards/Suggestions-Good-Career-Development-Plan
Instructions for PA-19-119 (K23): https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-19-119.html