UMB ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award
The UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2021 CTSA KL2 Career Development Award
UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the 2021 call for applications for the UMB ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award. The purpose of the KL2 is to provide support for clinical and translational research training and career development of persons in relevant disciplines and professions from the six professional schools on the UMB campus (Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work).
The KL2 awardee will receive support for three years. The initial two years, based upon satisfactory progress, is provided by the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research/ Clinical and Translational Science Award (ICTR/CTSA), the final year is provided by the applicant’s home division/department or UMB School.
SUBMISSION DUE DATE: January 29, 2021, 5 pm EST
START DATE: July 1, 2021
See "How to Apply" section below
KL2 Application Information Session Recording From Tuesday, October 20, 2020
KL2 Application Q&A Session December 15, 2020
How to Apply
To be considered for the ICTR/CTSA KL2 Mentored Career Development Award opportunity, the applications and ALL required documents must be submitted electronically no later than January 29, 2021, 5:00 PM EST.
To access the electronic application, use your UMB ID/Password to log into the secure page housing the application CTSA KL2 Application Link.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact Dr. Graziela Kalil
List of Required Supporting Documents (Please refer to RFA for detailed information)
- Cover letter
- Personal statement (2-3 pages)
- Research Plan (2-5 pages) Please include Project Title.
- Plans for Proposed Advanced Training (1-2 pages).
- Applicant must submit a concurrent graduate school application
- Curriculum vitae
6. Nomination letter (written by the primary mentor and the Division/Department director; or separate letters from each) to be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than January 29, 2021, 5 pm EST.
7. Mentor biosketch
8. Two letters of recommendation (in addition to the nomination letter(s)) (Letters of recommendation should be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than January 29, 2021, 5 pm EST. The online application will include a form for the applicant to enter the letter writers' contact information.)
9. Unofficial transcripts from all degree-granting academic institutions
Helpful Tips for Preparing a K-type Grant Application
Tips for preparing a competitive application, see https://www.niaid.nih.gov/grants-contracts/career-development-awards.
Tips for preparing a good career development plan, see https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Funding/Training-Career-Awards/Mentored-Career-Awards/Suggestions-Good-Career-Development-Plan
Instructions for PA-19-119 (K23): https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-19-119.html