- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Student Note Takers
You are dependable, hard-working, and want to support fellow students — you sound perfect for us! The Office of Educational Support and Disability Services is always looking for note takers to assist students with disabilities.
- Submit your class schedule each semester.
- Complete a brief note taker training module and email the certificate to ESDS.
- Take detailed and well-organized notes each week in the courses that you have been assigned to by ESDS.
- Take notes during all class sessions, including guest speakers, and exam reviews.
- Upload your notes using link provided by ESDS within 48 hours after class.
- You have completed your FAFSA for the current academic year.
- You are a student in good academic standing.
- You complete tasks on time.
- You take detailed and well-organized notes.
- You want to support a fellow student.
- Attention to detail
- Comprehensive note taking
Note takers are expected to keep all assignment-related information strictly confidential. Note takers do not share information about the students they work with.
- Whom in class they assist with note-taking services.
- Why the student needs note-taking services.
- Note takers are paid through an Educational Support Financial Aid Award from the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Education.
- The payment for note taking is $125 per credit hour, and the award will be dispersed at the end of the semester in which you take notes.
- The funds will post to your student account. Please view SURFS to see any refund amount. If you are fully awarded to your cost of attendance with University Studnet Financial Assistance, your award will be reduced. If you have additional questions, please contact Student Accounting (410-706-8357).
- This award and taking notes will not count as a position of employment within UMB or the University System of Maryland.
- For more details, please see the Note Taker FAQ.