- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
New Employee Employment Eligibility Verification – Form I-9
The Form I-9 is required by federal law for identity and employment authorization purposes in the United States. Human Resource Services has implemented electronic Form I-9 processing for new employees. New employees must complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 on or before the first day of employment. New employees must present original unexpired documentation to prove identity and employment authorization. A list of acceptable documents can be found in the system. HRS is available Monday-Friday 9am-3:30pm. Student employees will continue to complete paper I-9s with their Payroll Reps until further notice.
Please note your Form I-9 is not complete until Human Resource Services has seen your original unexpired documentation proving identity and employment authorization.
Below are simple step-by-step instructions to create and complete an electronic Form I-9.
- Open your web browser and go to: https://secure.i9express.com/preauthenticated/LoginCaptcha.ascx?Employer=14654&Location=0600
- Follow the prompts to complete and sign Section 1 electronically.
- Print a receipt for your records and bring it with you when coming into Human Resources.
- Sign-out and exit your browser.