Billing Information

Non-Billable Services

General funds are used to maintain and repair campus buildings (exterior and interior) including structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems for educational and general purpose buildings and rooms/office areas. Not included are residential apartments and auxiliary facilities.

Billable Services

Departments are charged for discretionary requests for services that involve non-routine work, building alterations, renovations, improvements, additional services, and requests that are outside the scheduled routine. Click here to view the billable list of services.

Auxiliary Facilities

Certain departments on campus are billed for all requests and routine maintenance. This includes residential apartments, parking facilities, and recreational sports facilities. 

For requests for on campus housing buildings, call UMB Housing at 410-706-5523, or submit a request using the housing portal.

Billing FAQs

Do you have questions about a recent charge to your department's account? If so, read answers to the following frequently asked questions about Operations & Maintenance's billing procedures.

If I have a question about the charges, who do I contact?

Direct inquiries to the Service Center at 410-706-7570 or email at

How often do you bill?

Work order billing is run monthly.

What if I don’t have a SOAPF to charge a billable request to?

Contact the Service Center at 410-706-7570 or email at

My department set aside some of this year’s funds for enhancements that cannot be scheduled until next fiscal year. We don’t want to lose these funds. Can you charge us the estimate now?

We cannot charge you for the estimated cost now. Operations and Maintenance charges for actual work done. An estimate cannot be used as a basis for an actual charge.