- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Charged with the responsibility to build, maintain, and renew the facilities of the University of Maryland schools of medicine, dentistry, law, nursing, pharmacy, and social work, the Graduate School, and the auxiliary facilities that support them, the Department of Operations and Maintenance employs 300 professional, technical, and service trades employees. OM provides services to 6.1 million square feet of complex medical research and state-of-the-art clinical services and teaching space located in 65 buildings on 61 acres in downtown Baltimore.
Because dynamic technological change and the requirement to balance needs against dwindling resources have become the normal condition, it is imperative that we focus relentlessly on our purpose, align our efforts with the direction of our schools, and ensure organizational effectiveness to enable the success of our schools.
Through exceptional facilities services, we enable learning and discovery, community and care, and economic and environmental sustainability.
To be a valued partner in the success of our schools.
- We value the power of place, where people meet and purpose is fulfilled, and our role as the stewards of this great collaboration.
- We value the time, talent, and intentions of the individual and the contribution to the power of the group each individual makes.
- We value collaboration and communication with our schools and within our department wherever this facilitates the fulfillment of our mission.
- We value responsible behavior, conducting ourselves civilly, respectfully, responsibly, and ethically, and holding ourselves accountable to the highest standards for the efficient use of the resources in our charge.
- We value excellence in the seamless delivery of facilities services.
- We value our role in adapting our facilities and services to the dynamics of research, instruction, technology, and society while embracing our responsibility to our history and the broader community.
Director Operations and Maintenance
Operations and Maintenance and Housekeeping
Email Operations and Maintenance Service Center - Work control or call 410-706-7570