- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Applications for the 2018-2019 cohort will be accepted beginning Aug. 1, 2018. As of Aug. 2, 2018, 50 applications have been received and no more will be accepted. The 25 selected cohort participants will be notified by Aug. 31, 2018. Thank you.
The Emerging Leaders Program is a professional development initiative geared toward examining universal principles of leadership with application to the culture of UMB. The program aims to contextualize participants’ leadership experience through a series of interactive and informative sessions. It is designed to build repeatable and transferable knowledge and skills.
Through participation in Emerging Leaders, candidates are expected to:
- Understand how leadership style and personal attributes shape one's management philosophy and approach.
- Interact and learn from senior leaders across the University community.
- Learn practical leadership lessons and techniques to develop into a more effective leader.
- Develop a professional, supportive, and collaborative relationship with a cohort of colleagues that will serve as a resource and professional network.
- Assess and examine personal beliefs, styles, and leadership behaviors to increase self-awareness and reduce interaction blind spots.