- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
We have received 50 applications for the 2019-2020 cohort and additional applications will no longer be accepted. The 25 selected cohort participants will be notified in early September. Thank you.
The Emerging Leaders Program is a professional development initiative geared toward examining universal principles of leadership with application to the culture of UMB. The program aims to contextualize participants’ leadership experience through a series of interactive and informative sessions. It is designed to build repeatable and transferable knowledge and skills.
Through participation in Emerging Leaders, candidates are expected to:
- Understand how leadership style and personal attributes shape one's management philosophy and approach.
- Interact and learn from senior leaders across the University community.
- Learn practical leadership lessons and techniques to develop into a more effective leader.
- Develop a professional, supportive, and collaborative relationship with a cohort of colleagues that will serve as a resource and professional network.
- Assess and examine personal beliefs, styles, and leadership behaviors to increase self-awareness and reduce interaction blind spots.