- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Radioactive Materials Authorization
Receive project approval from Radiation Safety Office. Register and train staff as authorized users of radioactive material.
Primary Investigators, student, or staff member whose duties could potentially include work with radioactive materials.
- If requesting approval as an authorized user of radioactive materials, the Basic Research Application must be completed and submitted to the Radiation Safety Office for approval.
- See CICERO Registration procedure if you have not previously registered through the online research portal.
- Prior to issuance of authorization, Primary Investigator must attend a Pre-Authorization Conference with the Radiation Safety Officer.
- Register for and attend Radiation Safety Training.
- Complete Radiation Worker Registration Form.
- EHS will assess new personnel for dosimetry devices as part of Dosimeter Program.
- If transferring previously approved staff from one project to another, Radiation Safety Officer must be notified in writing. Email notification will suffice.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.