- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Organization and Employee Development
Organization and Employee Development (OED) is an area within Human Resources. This team partners with UMB leaders to develop and implement solutions to improve the effectiveness of individuals, teams, and the University. As experienced organizational and development practitioners, the team is committed to providing excellent service in the areas of:
- Consultation: Initial assessment of environment and employee needs to recommend customized solutions that could include action planning, team and professional development interventions, and process evaluation.
- Training and development: Learning experiences to acquire knowledge and skills. These activities include professional development, leadership development, supervisory training, and eLearning.
- Facilitation: Process to guide participants in the generation and analysis of ideas, proposed solutions and actions through effective facilitation of meetings, retreats, and team interventions.
To access these services, please fill out the Learning and Development Inquiry Form.
For more information about additional programs and services, please explore the menus below.
UMB eLearning is a library of learning experiences using multiple web-based resources ranging from videos to skill briefs and job aids to enhance knowledge and skills of the UMB workforce and increase workplace productivity.
Workplace development and learning practices at UMB are designed to promote employee and organizational growth and empowerment by providing innovative, high-quality programs and services.
Employee recognition programs support UMB’s mission, vision, and core values by helping to create a positive work environment that boosts morale and engagement.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.