- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Open Enrollment begins on Oct. 15, 2018, and ends on Nov. 28, 2018. Any enrollments or changes made during Open Enrollment will become effective Jan. 1, 2019.
No action is required unless you want to change benefits or dependents or enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) in 2019. With the exception of FSAs, current benefit choices roll over to 2019.
You Need To Take Action If …
- You want to enroll for the first time, change plans, or change coverage levels for 2019.
- You wish to participate or continue to participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2019. The IRS requires all flexible spending account participants to re-enroll in these plans every year. If you wish to continue these plan(s), be sure to make your elections for 2019 by the Nov. 28 deadline.
How to Enroll or Make Changes
- Regular faculty and staff currently enrolled in the state of Maryland benefit plans make changes over the phone via the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.
- Regular faculty and staff not currently enrolled in benefits use the Active Enrollment Form. Enrollment forms must be submitted to the Benefits Office by 5 p.m. on Nov. 28.
- Contingent faculty and staff use the Contractual Enrollment Form whether making changes to existing benefits or enrolling for the first time. Enrollment forms must be submitted to the Benefits Office by 5 p.m. on Nov. 28.
If you make changes during open enrollment, a benefits summary statement will be mailed to your home address.
Review your benefits summary statement for accuracy. It is your responsibility to report any errors. If you were required to use the IVR, return to the IVR to make corrections. If you were required to use the enrollment form, correct your summary statement and send it to EBD to update your record. You can email the statement to EBD.firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 410-333-7104.
IVR INSTRUCTION SHEETS
To call the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System, dial 410-669-3893. It’s important to read the instructions below before using the system.
Highlights of 2019 Open Enrollment
MetLife Named New Life Insurance and AD&D Vendor
Effective Jan. 1, MetLife will replace Securian as the life insurance and AD&D vendor. Those currently enrolled in Securian will automatically transfer to MetLife unless they opt out through Open Enrollment.
Transition to MetLife
- Same plan designs
- Value-added services
- Will preparation
- Travel assistance
- Reduced rates for most
Wellness Plan - Activities Reset Jan. 1, 2019
The Wellness Plan is voluntary and available to all employees enrolled in health benefits and enrolled spouses who are not Medicare-eligible.
To receive a $0 co-pay:
- Select your PCP
- Complete your Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
To receive $5 off specialist co-pay:
- Complete any age/gender preventative screenings due
Go to Wellness Plan Activities to learn more about the activities and incentives for participation.
Health Care FSA - Limit Increase
We are waiting on the IRS-issued notice of the new maximum for 2019.