- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Want to help us enhance our site and promote diversity and inclusion at UMB?
Send us your comments and suggestions or submit a quote.
Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day.
— Author Unknown
School of Medicine Diversity and Inclusion Award
The Dean’s Faculty Award for Diversity and Inclusion Nomination Information - School of Medicine
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual School of Medicine faculty member for extraordinary work recently advancing diversity and inclusion throughout the field of medical education and health care equity in the United States.
This award will be presented at the Celebrating Diversity Reception and Dinner, which will be held on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017, at the Hilton Baltimore.
Criteria for the Award Nomination
- The nominee should be an individual faculty member who has made recent outstanding contributions to the promotion of diversity and inclusion within the field of medicine and/or the recruitment and retention of under-represented minorities.
Nominations should be submitted by a letter of no more than two pages describing how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
Nominations may be submitted by any member of the School of Medicine, including medical students, residents, fellows, program coordinators, or staff.
Diversity and Inclusion Awards Committee
University of Maryland School of Medicine Office of Development
c/o Becky Herman
31 S. Greene St., Third Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
The deadline for submission is: Oct. 16, 2016
For questions about submissions you may contact Becky Herman at 410-706-5057 or at email@example.com.