- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The UMB CURE Scholars Program is positioned to transform the West Baltimore community.
Support from individuals and companies will enable the program to touch more lives and change the trajectory of children growing up in poverty and in vulnerable situations.
With your donations, we will be able to offer more hands-on science/STEM experiences, train more mentors, and provide more workforce development opportunities to families.
Ultimately, with your support, we will be able to significantly reduce health care disparities and prepare more underrepresented minorities to become cancer researchers and health care providers.
Ways to give
There are a variety of ways you can donate to the UMB CURE Scholars Program. All donations are tax-deductible, and all donations are greatly appreciated.
Your financial gift directly supports program enrichment and necessities for scholars such as field trips, clothing, food for scholar families, transportation for mentors and scholars, educational technology, school supplies, and hygiene kits.
Your gift of $1,250 funds:
- One trip to a conference for a scholar or a mentor. Your support pays for airfare, food, lodging, and registration, sending scholars and mentors to important conferences in the field of cancer research.
Your gift of $1,000 funds:
- 25 tickets to the National Aquarium in Baltimore
- 40 tickets to the Maryland Science Center
- 70 tickets to the Maryland Zoo
- 100 mentor T-shirts
- 65 Thanksgiving turkeys for CURE families
Your gift of $500 funds:
- Transportation/two buses for science enrichment field trip
- Maryland Science Olympiad supplies for one school
- 50 mentor T-shirts
Your gift of $250 funds:
- Maryland Science Olympiad membership fee for one school
- 25 mentor T-shirts
- One Chromebook with case for scholar
Your gift of $100 funds:
- Supply cabinet with lock for one school
- Van transportation cost for mentors to travel to scholars’ school
- 10 mentor T-shirts
- School supply kits for scholars ($50 each)
- Hygiene and grooming supply kits for scholars ($50 each)
- One Kindle Fire ($50) and case ($20)
School Supplies for Scholars
- Pencils and pens
- Spiral notebooks
Seasonal Supplies for Scholars and Families
- Holiday meals and gifts
Please mail donations to:
UMB CURE Scholars Program
Dr. Robin Saunders
University of Maryland, Baltimore
220 N. Arch St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Additional UMB CURE Scholars Program donation locations will be available throughout campus soon.
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of our neighbors in West Baltimore!