- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Welcome to Costing and Compliance
The University of Maryland, Baltimore has agreements with and receives funding from a variety of Federal, state and industry sponsors. These legally binding grants, contracts and/or agreements are required for adherence to the guidelines set forth by each sponsoring agency. The Costing and Compliance department is tasked with ensuring that these guidelines, along with university policies are adhered too.
The function of the university’s Costing and Compliance department is to assist the campus with:
- Establishing Fringe Rates for the different classes of employees.
- Managing and overseeing Effort Reporting issues and compliance with federal regulations.
- Establishing Service Centers and reviewing their rate proposals to ensure compliance.
- Negotiating F& A rates with the Federal Government.