- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
We are committed to ensuring that we provide excellent customer service and communication as we support your department's administrative needs. We strive to accomplish this as we follow the seven core values and the University’s strategic plan.
Our commitment to you is to provide excellent customer service by responding to each request within one business day of submission allowing us to gather the additional details of your project and communicate to you information regarding next steps, projected timelines, and ultimately our collaborative plan to fulfill your request.
You will find links on this page with information on the departments we currently support, as well as more detailed information on the services that we can provide to assist you. If you have any questions regarding these services, please let us know by sending an email to CASS@umaryland.edu.
To assist us in providing the best service possible, we ask that all requests be submitted through the "Submit Request" link below, where you will answer a few basic questions regarding your request and submit. A CASS staff member will contact you for additional details.
- Serve as the Payroll Representative for departments supported by CASS.
- Time and Leave (T/L) audit and approval in the HRMS system — timesheets will continue to be approved by the employee's supervisor.
- Tracking and forecasting labor expenses for the fiscal year.
- Completion of payroll forms for employee changes (payroll adjustments, etc.).
- Recruitment of staff — completion of administrative processes required for new or replacement staff. This includes completion of paperwork, coordination of application review, and scheduling and participating in the interview process (position requisitions, new employee onboarding, termination paperwork, etc.).
- Process employee action forms (EAFs).
- Coordinate and participate in the onboarding process for new employees with HR.
- Coordinate and track training for departments.
- Coordinate parking for new employees.
- Serve as the HR Partners representative for departments supported by CASS.
- Maintain departmental personnel information files if needed.
- Complete the annual budget preparation in eUMB.
- Process budget amendments.
- Review approved budgets with departmental leaders.
- Track, forecast, and analyze departmental expenses and provide a summary report to departmental leaders on a monthly basis.
- Process vendor invoices with Accounts Payable by obtaining appropriate approval and submit in eUMB.
- Complete journal entries in eUMB.
- Process nondepartmental billing.
- Process working fund requests.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Capital project accounting.
- UMB project accounting.
- Provide travel administration backup to departments. Travel will still be initiated and approved within each department.
- Process and audit travel expenses.
- Initiate purchase requisitions.
- Process change orders to contracts.
- Provide procurement card support for small departments on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate all property claims with the State Treasurer's Office.