- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Frequently Asked Questions
Submit a request to CASS by using the CASS website or call 410-706-7717
Send an email to DL-AF IT Support (email@example.com).
Contact: Alice Maxwell
HR and Payroll FAQs
The Departmental/Central Administration Support Services/Human Resource Services Transactional Business Process
To simplify and streamline the delivery of Human Resource Services-related services and questions to campus customers supported by Central Administration Support Services, CASS will be the initial point of contact for these departments. CASS will coordinate with Human Resource Services the resources required to move these processes forward as efficiently and effectively as possible. An initial point of contact for these processes will reduce the level of confusion that currently exists as to who a department should contact for specific services that are required. Please use the following process from this point forward:
1. Department contacts CASS through either the CASS web form, phone call, email, or in person with the request for a Human Resource Services-related action such as a recruitment, compensation review, benefits, labor relation issue, general HRS-related question, etc.
2. CASS contacts the department within 24 hours to get the specifics of the request.
3. CASS contacts campus Human Resource Services with the information required for the requested action. If necessary, CASS enters this information in the applicable workflow system and/or completes and forwards the required forms to campus Human Resource Services. If additional information is required from the departmental hiring manager because of a significant change in the job duties, HRS may work either in collaboration with CASS or directly with the hiring manager to get the required information.
4. Once all required information has been obtained, campus Human Resource Services completes the requested action and contacts CASS with the outcome.
5. Once CASS is notified about the outcome of the action, CASS contacts the department and works with it to complete the remaining steps in the process.
6. CASS enters any required transactional information in the appropriate workflow system, i.e., Taleo and eUmb
7. Once the process is complete, CASS will coordinate activities such as scheduling onboarding, obtaining an ID badge and building access, parking, computer access, telephone access, and any other services that may be required.
Note: Our campus partners or a member of the CASS staff may recommend that any of these steps be done in conjunction with the Human Resource Services staff.