Marcela Romero-Reyes, DDS, PhD
Marcela Romero Reyes, DDS, PhD
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Neural and Pain Sciences
Clinical Director Brotman Facial Pain Clinic
SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY
Target discovery for the management of trigeminal neuropathic pain and chronic migraine
Neuro-immune and nitro-oxidative mechanisms of chronic orofacial pain disorders and headache
Co-morbidity between TMD and headache
Personalized medicine and its applicability for the prevention, diagnosis and management of chronic pain disorders
Complementary therapies and enhancement of quality of life approaches for the patient with chronic pain disorders
Animal models for the study of TMD, trigeminal neuropathic pain and headache
behavioral measurements in rats and mice, biochemistry techniques, immunohistochemistry, cell culture, Ca imaging
1. Akerman, S., B. Simon, and M. Romero-Reyes, Vagus nerve stimulation suppresses acute noxious activation of trigeminocervical neurons in animal models of primary headache. Neurobiology of Disease, 2017. 102: p. 96-104.
2. Assiri, K., Alyami, Y.,Uyanik ,M and Romero-Reyes M*., Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort) as a possible therapeutic alternative for the management of trigeminal neuralgia (TN) – A case report. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2017. 30: p. 36-39.* Corresponding author
3. Romero-Reyes, M*., V. Pardi, and S. Akerman, A potent and selective calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist, MK-8825, inhibits responses to nociceptive trigeminal activation: Role of CGRP in orofacial pain. Experimental Neurology, 2015. 271: p. 95-103.
Manuscript chosen by Faculty of 1000 * First and corresponding author
4. Romero-Reyes, M*. and J.M. Uyanik, Orofacial pain management: current perspectives. Journal of Pain Research, 2014. 7: p. 99-115.
5. Romero-Reyes M*, Akerman S, Nguyen E, Vijjeswarapu A, Hom B, Dong H-W, et al. Spontaneous Behavioral Responses in the Orofacial Region: A Model of Trigeminal Pain in Mouse. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain. 2013;53(1):137-51.