- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Sponsored Projects Procedures
Find Funding Opportunities
Identify sources of external funding for support of projects and programs.
Investigators and their designees including faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and students searching for external funding.
- The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) subscribes to a search service, Pivot.
- Create a Pivot account using the “Sign up” link on the Pivot website. You must sign up with your umaryland.edu email. Respond to the email verification link that Pivot emails to you to activate account.
- QUICK SEARCH: Enter key word search terms into the text box.
- ADVANCED SEARCH: Using the Advanced Search link,
- Select “Match all of the fields” or “Match any of the fields”.
- From the drop-down menu select which field to search (All Fields, Abstract, Title, Sponsor, or Sponsor ID).
- Enter your search terms into the boxes, adding more rows if needed, and Search.
- Save your search.
- From the search results page, click “Save Search” link at top of the page. (If you are not logged in, the system will prompt you to enter your Pivot username and password.)
- Enter a name for your saved search.
- Check the box for “Would you like to receive a weekly email containing new or updated opps from this query?” if you would like email alerts for this Saved Search.
- Click Save.
- The Find Funding Opportunities website links to Pivot as well as to sites related to US federal funding opportunities, and funding opportunities for development and commercialization of technologies that may not be included in Pivot. The HS/HSL website also has a guide that helps to locate funding opportunities.
- When searching by key words, be prepared to add or change key words to focus the results.
- These data points are important to review in evaluating potential opportunities:
- Applicant entity eligibility (is UMB an eligible organization)
- Principal investigator eligibility, educational requirements, nationality/citizenship, and other requirements or restrictions
- Letter of intent and/or application due date(s)
- Funding amount available per award
- Earliest start date of award and expected project period
- Sponsors expectations, including scope of project, required collaborations, and other requirements or restrictions
Fill out my online form.